After a years worth of work, a lot money the Lizard Ridge is finally finished.  I absolutely love how it turned out. 

 I did end up backing it.  I found a lightweight polar fleece that matched the edging yarn exactly and stitched it to the back.  I chose fleece because the stretch was similar to the stretch of the knitted fabric.  Sewing together two different fabrics with different degrees of stretch is a real mess, but because these were so similar, I just slapped one on top of the other and whip stitched around the edge.  The beauty of this is that the whip stitching is completely hidden on the front by the crocheted edging.  I did end up tieing it as you would a quilt, but I tied it on the back rather than the front. 

 Without further ado, here are pictures of the finished blanket.Finished at last

Super Cuddly

Lizard Ridge

Pretty Colors

~Finally Finished~

Advertisements